Scottish Premier League: Betting
It’s that time of year again and Scottish football fans everywhere are preparing for what should be another exciting Scottish Premier League.
The Scottish Premier League 2013/14 season will be sixteenth and is sure to offer plenty of chances for punters to use the SPL free bets that bookies offer new account holders
A total of twelve teams will battle it out to be top of the Scottish Premier League Table; eleven currently competing sides and one club promoted from the 1st Division.
They'll no-doubt be plenty of betting offers throughout the season with boosted odds deals on a variety of Scottish football fixtures as well as Scottish Cup games.
SPL Winner - Best Odds
Taking a look at the best SPL betting odds that bookies offer on each of the competing teams it's clear that Celtic are the favourites to win the 2013/14 Scottish Premier League season.
It looks so one-sided that it might be more beneficial using SPL free bets on individual games rather than betting on the SPL winner market.
- Celtic - 1/50 at SkyBet
- Motherwell - 66/1 at William Hill
- Aberdeen - 100/1 at Bwin
- Dundee Utd - 150/1 at Ladbrokes
- Hibernian - 200/1 at William Hill
- Inverness - 400/1 at PaddyPower
- Hearts - 500/1 at Ladbrokes
- Kilmarnock - 500/1 at PaddyPower
- Ross County - 500/1 at PaddyPower
- St Johnstone - 500/1 at William Hill
- St Mirren - 501/1 at Bwin
- Partick Thistle - 1000/1 at Betway
With Rangers banished, can anyone really challenge Celtic at the top? As you can see from the SPL Winner Odds above Coral offer the best odds on Celtic walking away with the SPL title at 1/50 making them impossible to back if you want any kind of return.
SPL Winner Without Celtic - Best Odds
There are plenty of other markets to use free bet offers on with most representing better value than the one horse race the winners market looks to be. The SPL Winner without Celtic market is a much better option for free bets as you've a better chance of winning some cash.
- Aberdeen - 11/4 at Coral
- Motherwell - 3/1 at Betfred
- Dundee Utd - 7/1 at SkyBet
- Hibernian - 10/1 at SkyBet
- St Johnstone - 12/1 at Ladbrokes
- Inverness - 14/1 at Bet Victor
- Ross County - 16/1 at Bet Victor
- Kilmarnock - 25/1 at SkyBet
- St Mirren - 33/1 at Ladbrokes
- Partick Thistle - 40/1 at Ladbrokes
- Hearts - 66/1 at Bet Victor
The chance to use SPL free bets as live in-play bets will start when champions Celtic kick off the 2013/14 Scottish Premier League season at home to Ross County on 3 August. Dundee United travel to Firhill in what will be Partick Thistle’s first top-flight match in nine years.
Hearts, who are facing administration will begin their campaign with a 15 point deduction, are scheduled to visit St Johnstone. Inverness host St Mirren and Aberdeen welcome Kilmarnock to Pittodrie. Last season’s runners- up, Motherwell, will visit Hibernian the following day.